Business and Finance Index
o Practice Areas
o Reference Resources
o Site Index
Business and Financial Resources
- ABA Business Law Section The American Bar Association's Business Law section.
- AMEX The American Stock Exchange Web home page offers news, a listing of companies on AMEX, and general exchange information.
- Business and Economics Numerical Data Comprehensive guide to business and economics numerical data available on line.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics The Bureau of Labor Statistics Web Home Page.
- California State Bar Business Law Section The California State Bar Business Law Section.
- CFONews Corporate Financials Online offers news announcements and investor information issued by public companies.
- Department of Commerce The Department of Commerce home page.
- CNN FN CNN financial network offers news and market information and a search engine to locate news items.
- Company News On Call Company News On Call gives news stories on hundreds of companies. You can search by company name or use the alphabetical index.
- Corp. Law Cols. Corporate Law Columns from Law Journal Extra (LJX).
- Corp. Law News Corporate Law News from Law Journal Extra (LJX).
- Corptech Corptech offers searchable databases of information on technology manufacturers and developers.
- Corpfinet "The CorpFiNet Directory consists of hundreds of business finance related Web sites. CorpFiNet also publishes features and articles relating to how the Internet and new technologies are impacting corporate and business finance."
- Corporate Profiles Corporate profiles offered by Business Wire.
- Discount Rate Current and past Discount Rates.
- Dun & Bradstreet Dun & Bradstreet (D & B) offers D & B reports on line ($20/report).
- EDGAR Database "EDGAR, the Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval system, performs automated collection, validation, indexing, acceptance, and forwarding of submissions [10K's,10Q's] by companies and others who are required by law to file forms with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)."
- Electronic Banking Electronic Banking Resource Center offers information on and links to electronic banking resources.
- Environmental Financing "Environmental goals cannot be met without financing, which is essential to implementing state and local programs. EPA's Environmental Finance Program focuses on bridging the gap between the growing costs of environmental protection and the ability of state and local governments to meet these rising costs."
- Federal Reserve Banks Links to Federal Reserve Bank Internet resources.
- Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System The Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System offers general information on the Federal Reserve System, summaries of Federal Reserve regulations, and general contact information.
- Federal Reserve Bank (Atlanta) The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta offers the Dollar Index, Manufacturers Survey, publications, and Banking Market Definitions.
- Federal Reserve Bank (Boston) The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston offers economic and contact inforamtion and a wealth of publications.
- Federal Reserve Bank (Chicago) The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago offers an archive of papers, including quarterly reviews, staff reports, and discussion papers (see Research Department).
- Federal Reserve Bank (Cleveland) The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland offers information on the Fourth District, Economic Trends publications, the Beige Book, and more.
- Federal Reserve Bank (Dallas) The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas offers interest rate information and publications.
- Federal Reserve Bank (Minneapolis) The Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis offers an archive of papers, including quarterly reviews, staff reports, and discussion papers (see Research Department).
- Federal Reserve Bank (New York) The Federal Reserve Bank of New York offers market and exchange rates, assorted publications and contact information.
- Federal Reserve Bank (Philadelphia) The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia Research and Statistics Department "a analyzes economic issues specific to the Third Federal Reserve District (the eastern two-thirds of Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey, and Delaware) as well as general economic issues." Their Web page Set offers Business reviews and newsletters.
- Federal Reserve Bank (St. Louis) The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis offers the FRED database -- historical U.S. economic and financial data, including daily U.S. interest rates, monetary and business indicators, exchange rates, and regional economic data for Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri and Tennessee.
- FinanceHub FinanceHub is a great resource providing links to many financial and commerce links on the Internet, including venture capital, banks, stock market links, and more.
- FinanceNet The U.S. Government's FinanceNet home page provides links information on government asset sales, and generally to accounting, auditing, financial and economic information on the Internet.
- Financial Stats. Assorted Federal Reserve Board Statistical Releases.
- Hoover's Online Hoover's Online offers a searchable database to retrieve information on over 9,300 companies, business news, and a "list of lists" providing links to dozens of lists that rank companies by size, sales, compensation, reputation, and many other criteria.
- IndustryNet IndustryNet Report offers news broken down in to industry, manufacturing, computing and regional sections.
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Home Page.
- Tax Forms The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) offers federal income tax forms and federal tax tables. You can search through the forms by keyword.
- Investors Edge Investor's Edge offers stocks, mutual fund, and industry information.
- IOMA Institute of Management and Administration (IOMA) offers a comprehensive set of links to most of the administrative, financial and business resources on the Internet.
- Mutual Funds Magazine Mutual Funds Magazine online offers current and past issues of the magazine.
- NatCorp National Corporate Services offers links to most of the financial sources on the Internet, including information on publicly traded companies, IPOs and small companies, mutual funds, stock prices, financial magazines and news feeds, etc.
- NETworth NETworth by GALT Technologies in-depth information on over 5,000 mutual funds
- PR Newswire PR Newswire offers electronic distribution of full-text news to the media and the financial community. The "Company News On Call" section offers the latest news from hundreds of public and private companies. the "Money Talks" area is "an electronic magazine designed to help the individual investor."
- Quote.com Quote.com offers real-time stock and bond quotes, mutual fund reports, and news items.
- The Recap The Interactive Media Weekly Recap is produced by Catherine Kirkman of Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich & Rosati in California. The Recap offers summaries of news items relating to technology, publishing, and the Internet.
- Regional Economic Information System The Regional Economic Information System (REIS) data base provides local area economic data for states, counties, and metropolitan areas for 1969-1993. Statistics in the data base include: personal income by source, per-capita personal income, earnings by two digit SIC code, full and part time employment by industry, and regional economic profiles.
- Research Magazine Research Magazine offers information on selected publicly traded companies, by name or industry group.
- SBA The Small Business Administration (SBA).
- Security APL Quote Server Security APL Quote Server offers stock quotes.
- Stat USA Stat-USA contains a wealth of business and economic information from the federal government. The following databases are available: National Trade Data Bank (NTDB); National Economic, Social and Environmental Data Bank (NESE-DB); and economic information from the Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA). You can take a free "test drive" of the databases, but for full use one must subscribe.
- Stock Market Quotes Stock market quotes.
- Taxing Times Taxing Times offers federal and state tax information and forms. The forms are available for you to download and print using your local printer. They are available in three different formats: TIFF image format, printer-downloadable Adobe PostScript(TM), and Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF).
- Treasury The Department of Treasury Web home page.
- The Uniform Commercial Code () in hypertext format.
- U.S./Canada Trade Experts A large directory of experts in matters of U.S. trade between the U.S. and Canada.
- U.S. Bus. Adv. The U. S. Business Advisor "exists to provide business with one-stop access to federal government information, services, and transactions. [Its] goal is to make the relationship between business and government more productive."
- U.S. News U.S. News and World Report.
- Uni. Bus. Laws Uniform Business and Financial Laws from the Legal Information Institute.
- Wall Street Research Net Wall Street Research Net offers tools to search for information on stock quotes, markets, mutual funds, the economy, and market publications.
- Yahoo Company Info. Company news, profiles, and stock quotes offered by Yahoo.